Barber Trucking, a military friendly employer hiring NC National Guard soldiers at pre-deployment and final formation events
WHAT: Pre-hiring and job fair for North Carolina National Guard (NCNG) 1450th Transportation Company at Pre-Deployment and Final Formation events
WHEN: Saturday, Jan. 10 (1st Pre-Deployment event) & Sunday, Jan. 11 (2nd Pre-Deployment event, and Final Formation event for retiring NCNG).
WHERE: Crowne Plaza Hickory Hotel, 1385 Lenoir Rhyne Blvd., Hickory, North Carolina 28602
Job Fair during Yellow Ribbon Pre-Deployment (Sat and Sun) and Final Formation (Sun) with Barber Trucking and other employers at Crowne Plaza in the Exhibit Area (inside hotel behind the Lobby and next to the Pool).
- Employment pay and benefits info for Barber Trucking company drivers: webpage
- Yellow Ribbon Pre-Deployment Program and Event: provides information, services, referral and proactive outreach programs to Soldiers of the Army National Guard and their Families through all phases of the Deployment Cycle. Barber Trucking will be on-hand to pre-screen and qualify these Soldiers as company drivers to have a job ready upon their return from service in Afghanistan.
- Final Formation on Sunday: Sixty (60) North Carolina National Guardsmen and women are retiring or finishing their time in the reserves officially through this Final Formation event. Barber Trucking will be on-hand ready to interview and hire company drivers for any terminal, including in Mt. Airy, NC.
- Barber Trucking is hiring drivers right now for their Mt. Airy, NC hub. Barber Trucking is a military-friendly company valuing all employees, especially veterans and those who served our country because:
- Barber prides themselves on offering competitive rates for drivers to make a sustainable income to provide for their families.
- Barber offers benefits that are thoughtful of drivers and their families with Home on Weekends and Weekly Direct Deposit Pay. Those benefits and many others (click link More About Barber below), make Barber Trucking a company that a Veteran can count on for a sustainable job and for an income that makes an immediate financial positive impact to the driver and their family.
- Barber specializes in deliveries in the Mid-Atlantic, North Carolina and Ohio-Indiana regions that makes Home Time and Weekends possible. However, there are national deliveries all over the U.S., which provides more earning opportunities for any driver wanting those trips.
- NCNG servicemen and women who have their Military CDL are highly targeted to acquire their civilian CDL license. A CDL license is required to be a company driver for Barber Trucking. Barber Trucking has a training program for those drivers with less than 3 years’ experience encouraging NC National Guardsmen and women veterans who are motivated and ready to work to train and become a driver.
Best time for Interviews:
Saturday morning at 9am: Asst. Ad Maj Ken Beard from the NCNG will be available for interview along with Barber Trucking representative, Benjy Smith, Operations Manager for Barber Trucking.
About Barber Trucking
Barber Trucking has been offering distribution services since 1986, Mt. Airy since 2012.
Barber is a full service distribution services company with a large fleet of flatbeds, vans, reefers and specialty trucks.
Barber Trucking has three terminal hubs: Mt. Airy, NC, and also in Brookville, PA and Cassadaga, NY.
More about Barber Trucking, LLC: webpage
Barber Trucking: A Military Friendly Employer
We are a military friendly employer who values all employees equally, including military members past and present.
About the North Carolina National Guard
The North Carolina National Guard (NCNG) is an all-volunteer force of nearly 12,000 soldiers and airmen who serve in both federal and state capacities. The NCNG consists of the North Carolina Army National Guard and North Carolina Air National Guard. The North Carolina Army National Guard is a component of the United States Army, the United States National Guard, and the North Carolina National Guard. The North Carolina Army National Guard is composed of approximately 10,000 soldiers, and maintains 93 Army National Guard Armories in the state. Nationwide, the Army National Guard comprises approximately one half of the US Army’s available combat forces and approximately one third of its support organization. The North Carolina Air National Guard (NC ANG) is the air force militia of the State of North Carolina.
About the Yellow Ribbon Pre-Deployment Event
The National Guard Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program is a legislatively mandated program designed to provide information, services, referrals, and proactive outreach programs to Service Members and Families of the National Guard and Reserves throughout all phases of the deployment cycle. We accomplish this through Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program events, such as this one being put on Jan 10-11 in Hickory, NC.
If you’re a member of the National Guard, attendance at Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program events is mandatory to ensure you and your Family benefit from the resources available to you. It’s not just about getting through deployment – it’s about reducing the stress of transitioning into and out of each deployment phase, supporting your reintegration, and meeting the unique challenges that National Guard Service Members and Families face by connecting you with your local support community.